Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Animal Free testing!
Thumbs Up 
Quote:The significance of the partnership between Singapore's Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*Star) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), announced last month, lies in the decision to stop the practice of animal-testing.
This is really important and we should be rejoicing. It is being acknowledged by these two groups that animal testing is not working to protect humans and there is a better way to test chemicals for human toxicity.

After all these years and so much animal cruelty, finally it is publically being acknowledged that animals don't need to die for us to be safe.  (The sad truth is that their deaths did not make us safe so they died for nothing. Smiley19 )

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

If a group like this can find a better way to test chemicals then everyone else needs to find a better way.
I think we will see an end to animal testing. Companies that refuse to change will end up being blacklisted by animal rights advocates.  We already try to shop from ethical companies. So we will see a shift and it will not be a matter of seeking ethical companies. It will be a matter of avoiding unethical companies.

I may be wrong, but I feel like the tide is turning.
Animal cruelty is no longer considered acceptable as a means to an end.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is indeed fantastic news. Scientists have at last found a more reliable model to animal testing. This will save countless animals from needless experiments, which often had dubious transferability to humans, anyway.

I'm so glad that you found this article, Catherine. You have made my day!
I'm glad that at least some find animal testing cruel. There are many others still who need to learn how wrong it is. I've seen pictures of what make-up companies do to rabbits and it is so very sad.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Now there is no need to do such cruel tests on animals. There are cruelty free, more effective tests.

The shift to animal free testing will take time, but it will come. Once one legitimate lab with international credibility has stepped forward with a better way, all the rest will eventually have to follow. In the mean time, it will be easier and easier to find products that are cruelty free.

It made my day too. Smiley34 Smiley32 35 67 87 19 Smile Thumbsupsmileyanim Smiley58 Smiley42

We are seeing the beginning of a significant change.

Humans will be safer too.
Catherine

This step forward is very very good news indeed. I also think there is a great change coming Catherine. In 10....20....50 years we will look back on many things and think "How could we have done that??"

But meanwhile, my kindest heart-felt thoughts for the Souls of those animals who suffered and may have died needlessly, as a result of human stupidity or lack of awareness.
Quote:This step forward is very very good news indeed. I also think there is a great change coming Catherine. In 10....20....50 years we will look back on many things and think "How could we have done that??"
I look forward to that day. I will actually live to see it!
It is sad that testing will still continue in some place for years to come. Some will always be slow to accept new ways. Dare we hope that researchers themselves will refuse to hurt any more animals.
Some day I hope we will build memorials to the millions of animals who died in labs. Perhaps we will have a memorial service to honour them. I wish we could say that they at least gave their lives to help us, but we know that is not true.  Animal testing is unreliable and therefore pointless.
Catherine