Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quebec bans pet cosmetic surgery
It just seems unreal that someone would breed dogs to be used by labs for experiments. It is bad enough that mice and rats are used. Breeding puppies for labs seems callous and uncaring.

It is one more thing that we need to fight against.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, I am for advocating for dogs and all animals!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Laws are changing one bit at a time. Banning un-necessary cosmetic surgery even in one place is a step in the right direction.
I shared stuff about it on Facebook and the forum. It is important that we show our support for the good things that happen.
Catherine

I guess we have to cultivate patience when it comes to the world becoming caring and protecting animals. They have suffered so over the centuries as people used them in the most heinous ways.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
The important thing is to keep your eye on the goal of a cruelty free world and rejoice in each step that takes us closer.
Catherine

This is great. Ear docking is completely unnecessary. There is nothing beneficial to it. My boxer Mia came to us with a docked tail and I feel bad for her. Although she does this thing when she wants to go outside and she spins and bites at here non existent tail. Its really funny. While I still think it's wrong some breeds such as boxers have their tails docked when they are just a few weeks old there are several reasons they do it but one is because when they get older their tail is so powerful that when they wag it and they are too close to a wall or table they could break their own tail. It's a bit of a double edged sword because you could end up causing them pain whether you opt to dock the tail or not. Most dogs are fine but some are just too crazy to know that their tail is their own. I know if Mia had a tail she probably would have broken it several times because she has no concept as to where her body is compared to what is around her. I've seen this dog run into walls on a weekly basis. She is smart enough to turn her head at least so she hit the wall with her chest and not her nose or head. While I still wouldn't do it you have to weigh whether a broken tail later or a cropped tail now is more painful. So I can see why some would choose a cropped tail for some of the more powerful breeds who could hurt themselves. I always thought it was horrible that anyone would do that but when I looked up what boxers looked like with long tails and half way though scrolling I saw broken tails you have to really think about it. I just now searched "long tail boxer" in google images and the 4th picture was a boxer with a broken tail.
I didn't know boxers had trouble with breaking their tails. I didn't know any dogs had a problem  like that.
I guess I would have expected a dog to be too smart to hit its tail so hard. 

I don't know how that fits with the cosmetic surgery ban. I know they want to end ear cropping.  A lot of what is done is for no reason and it is painful for the dog. The whole purpose of the ban is to stop unnecessary surgeries.
Catherine