Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Animal Rights place
This is a organization that is trying to get legal rights for animals.  Here is their page:

http://www.nonhumanrights.org/what-we-st...oCWm3w_wcB

I didn't realize that by entering your name on here you are asked to contribute. I was looking for news of theirs.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Most groups ask for donations. It costs money to do anything these days. Even keeping a web site going costs something.

I have heard of this group. I am glad you found the link.
They are really working hard on the animal rights issue. We may never get full rights for animals, but some animals like whales  and chimps are intelligent species and it is shocking that we deny them any rights at all.

I am always interested to hear what they are working on.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

All animals have their different intelligences and even if they didn't they all have a right to be treated respectfully. Some of these animals have been locked in small cages for something like 30 years. There are so many sanctuaries that want them, too.

The Nonhuman Rights group is good at trying to get animals like that freed. They have small victories, but big progress is sometimes achieved through a lot of smaller successes.

Someday animals will have rights. They may be different from ours, but they will at least be protected.
Catherine

I look forward to the day when animals have their rights. They are not things but beings a lot like us.

Every change in the law moves us one step closer to animal rights.

The Nonhuman rights group takes on test cases. Even if they don't win, they get the courts to take things seriously.
Catherine

It will take time but it well worth it!

It is a battle that will be won a small piece at a time. Laws that protect animals from cruelty and changes that stop animal testing
will shift the focus. At some point the lack of rights for animals will seem like a glaring failure and then it will be done. It may take work to change the whole world, but in time we will see the changes we want. I believe goodness and compassion will always win in the end.
Catherine

Yes, the whole world needs changing a lot in terms of how animals are treated and so that they will get the respect they need.

The really big issue right now is animal testing. There are alternatives so we don't have to do it. It will take a push from a rights group to get the testing to stop.

Once that happens then fur farms would be next. There are other groups pushing to end fur farms.

We are watching social change as it happens. I feel a real difference in attitudes in just a few short years.
Catherine