Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not eating meat, a human rights issue
There are people who don't want to know what is being done to the animals on factory farms. I used to post graphic videos on Facebook to make people more aware. My own sister got mad at me for doing that. She told me I can't tell people what to eat. I got mad and said some harsh words to her and she unfriended me on Facebook. I am better off without her preaching to me. She is really in a sad place.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Facebook is tricky.  I am sure some people don't like what I post. I do weigh out whether something is too graphic to post or I post it with a warning.

I find unfriending is a bit drastic.  I just set things so I don't see someone posts if I find them offensive. I can still check their page if I want.  It is too bad that it created a rift between you and your sister. She could still learn from you if she would listen.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It would be good if she learned something, yes, but she is very stubborn. I guess there is a possibility she will see the light some day, maybe.

Family rifts are very hard. There are so many issues behind the fight. A good friend of mine is not speaking to her daughter and the daughter is not speaking to her. As someone who loves them both it is very hard. I talk to them both and that means I have to stop and think who knows what. I am on Facebook with them both and that is tricky.  

I can imagine what it is like for you and your sister.

I wish there were easy solutions, but I can't find them.
Catherine

I went to Nature's Bin again today and got several meatless vegan meats. One is "ham" and the other is "bologna" and then I got some vegan hotdogs and some meatless meat crumbles. I also got some vegan cheese. I will probably try it tomorrow. I can't wait to try them all! I love food. I had spinach pie for lunch and it was real good. Suzy came in the store with me this time and everyone wanted to take her home. They all thought she was adorable as she is.

As for family I find that time heals those wounds. I have looked at my sister's facebook page and wanted to see what she was posting. I don't think we have ever got along for long. That's the way it is with siblings sometimes.

You can't always be close to family. Just because you grew up together doesn't make you friends.

You must let me know what the vegan cheese tastes like. I am still testing different foods to see what I like. I have never tried the meat substitutes. What are they like.
Catherine

I had the meat free balogna and it is very good. Haven't tried anything else yet but will let you know.

I have never eaten Bologna in any form. I might have tasted it once. I can go my whole life without tasting it again.
Catherine

Yeah, animal balogna is really gross with what it comes from and it's content. I rarely ate real meat balogna but this vegan balogna is really good! I had it on Jewish Rye bread with a slice of red onion and some ketchup.

That sounds like a tasty sandwich.  It is good you can get vegan products like that.  It allows you to expand your diet and still eat the way you want.

I am still working with lentils and chickpeas. I have not even tried the prepared meat substitutes. It will be interesting to see if they are any good.
Catherine