Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Animals Could Talk
The way technology is going we may have ways for our pets to talk some day.

What if other animals could talk. 
How would that effect our willingness to eat meat and use animals the way we do.

http://indaily.com.au/food-and-wine/2016...-eat-meat/

It is an interesting article.

They are right that animals already talk. What we need is a translator.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is a very good and interesting article. I have given up eating meat because of how they suffer and I can't stand the thought of being part of that!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
A lot of people are in the same position. We can't eat meat because of what we know about animals and their treatment.
We are the ones that already hear animals talk.

If the technology ever really lets animals speak it will be quite a shock for some people.
Some people need to be shocked.
Catherine

If we could only, all, see animals as being, more or less, just like us we'd all be vegans.
I do eat meat, but not much. My daughter is vegetarian and it has influenced how we all eat.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I think we are all being influenced by our awareness of animals. A lot of people are starting to see them as beings with feelings and needs. If you don't want to be part of the suffering then you have to think about what you are eating.

Good for your daughter. The rest of us are trying to follow her example.
Catherine

I have some health issues that are affected by what I eat. The best diet for me is lots of fruits and veggies, not a lot of grains but some, tofu and non meat products.

I have seen so many graphic videos of how animals suffer. There is a lot of Specieism going on. That is the thinking that our species is better than the others and that is just plain crap! All beings matter. I keep running across vegans and vegetarians all over the internet so people in general are changing what they eat.

Being a perfect vegan might be harder for some. But at least our awareness and thought about the animals, and any small changes we can do, make a difference. If a billion people all decided to alter one or two things today, it would already make such a change.
It does seem that the world is becoming more aware. The internet does help.
Quote:Being a perfect vegan might be harder for some. But at least our awareness and thought about the animals, and any small changes we can do, make a difference. If a billion people all decided to alter one or two things today, it would already make such a change.

It does seem that the world is becoming more aware. The internet does help.
I think this is the point. Even small changes help and people are starting to make the changes.
We are seeing a general raising of our awareness of animals as intelligent sentient beings.
If we all just tried to live responsible and as much as possible, cruelty free, the world would be a better place.
It would be better for us as well. I think we would be more at peace.
Catherine

I am going to try and eat vegan. I don't need cheese with all the fat in it. I love the taste but I have health concerns and should not be eating cheese.

I ran across a lady who I knew as a child and was so glad to learn she is a vegetarian. More and more people are aware of what animal cruelty is and are refusing to participate in it.

I am finding people everywhere who are vegetarian or at least eating more carefully. Meat is no longer the bulk of their diet.
Vegans are more common and I often find that someone is vegan.

I don't know if I can make the full transition. I am working on learning vegan cooking. Many of my meals are  vegan.  I can certainly give up meat. It is all about each of us doing the best we can.

It would be amazing if you could eat vegan, Ruth. You and I are both really trying.
Catherine