Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby dolphin killed by tourists
HISSSS!!!!

This is outrageous. I hope everyone of those people feels sick with shame for the rest of their lives.

They took the baby dolphin from the water and passed it around so they could take selfies with it.
The baby died as a result.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-18/ba...na/7182070

Tourists and selfies are totally out of control.

I don't suppose there is any way to make them pay for this.
At very least their own consciences should tell them to donate time and money to animal welfare causes, especially dolphin conservation causes.  That is a lot of bad karma, at least I hope so.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I saw this on Facebook, too. These people must be so ignorant!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I can't believe nobody thought to put the baby back in the water.

People have become ridiculous about selfies. 

They know who they are and they know what they did. They have to live with it. I hope there are consequences.
Catherine

Taking a selfie became more important to these people - lots of them - than thinking about the poor creature's welfare. A "selfie" says it all - at's about me, me, me, me and anything else in the picture is to make me, me, me, me more interesting.

We all share this planet and animals have as much right to privacy and space as we have.
I just had a look at the comments and thought this one apt:

"You know you've lost faith in humanity when a poor dolphin dies because people want to take a selfie with it. Where's the sign up to Mars?"
Quote: "You know you've lost faith in humanity when a poor dolphin dies because people want to take a selfie with it. Where's the sign up to Mars?"
Very good point.
You are right about selfies. We used to take pictures of people and the things around us. We wanted to remember what we have seen and done.  Now we take selfies.  All we want to remember is ourselves.
It is the ultimate selfishness. You go through life taking pictures of yourself. That is the only memory you want to preserve.

I wonder who got the idea to rig cell phones so  they could take selfies. They have a lot to answer for. They have created a monster.
Catherine

Yes it's a terribly sad story. I read about it a couple of days ago. Poor dear little one. There will be a grieving mother somewhere too.
She  would have been helpless to do anything because she couldn't leave the water. 

I hope the people who did this think about her. I hope they think about her a lot.

I wonder if they all kept their selfies with the baby that they killed?

Anyone who would see the picture on a phone would know that they were among the baby dolphin killers.
Catherine

Apparently they didn't know anything about dolphins and that is what is really really sad.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think they just didn't care. They all wanted a selfie with a baby dolphin. That is all they were thinking about.  I am sure many of them were willing to have the selfie taken with the baby even after it died.

This selfie thing has become dangerous. People are willing to take risk for themselves and now they are willing to risk another's life. The name says it all, selfie, really, it is short for selfish isn't it.
Catherine