Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs rescued from the dogmeat trade.
This is a beautiful picture of hope restored.
These dogs were destined to be food and now they are loved.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsand...eat-trade/

Three cheers for the Humane Society International for rescuing them.

Dogs never lose hope do they.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This brought tears to my eyes. So glad they were saved.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Great article and video. Even after being ill-treated by humans, most of those dogs were wagging their tails when their rescuers came.
I thought we needed to see some good news happy ending stories.
You are right, the dogs are wagging their tails the moment the rescuers show up. The seem to believe in the good  even when nothing gives them reason to have hope.

Knowing that dogs have such faith in humans makes you want to rescue them even more.
Catherine

(02-20-2016, 03:35 PM)Catherine Wrote: Knowing that dogs have such faith in humans makes you want to rescue them even more.
Like button
Dogs believe in us so much I wish we were as good as they think we are.
Catherine

Dogs are so forgiving. They seem to see the good in us even if we don't. Seeing a dog take to someone has, in the past, changed my opinion of that person. This has happened at least twice. The first was a celebrity that I disliked, but seeing him on a quiz show where a dog was in the studio changed my mind. The dog was just there with it's owner and it squirmed away, bypassed everyone else and made straight for this chap. The dog really liked him and wouldn't leave his side until it was time to go. I've decided he can't be so bad if the dog liked him!!
The other is my brother in law. He's ok, but a bit of a "wise guy". His dog is a rescue farm dog who is terrified of people, except for my BIL. The dog dotes on him. So I bow to the dog's judgement and cut him a bit of slack!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I trust dogs opinions of people. If a dog dislikes someone I am cautious of them. If they state that they don't like dogs then I keep my distance.
Dogs are so open and trusting. If a dog doesn't like someone. you have to wonder why.
Catherine

It is true, dogs are great judges of character.
But...I sometimes do meet dogs who are unsure of me, and skittish. On average about 5 every hundred! I do not blame them, as some are very wary of people they do not know. Or it is sometimes a case of the dog having 'history' before rescue, and there is no knowing what they went through. Often the dog's people don't know the details, but their dog is always slightly nervous of strangers, etc.
It goes to show they are complex and sensitive Souls, with their own personal likes and dislikes, and scars from their past.
And just like people, there are dogs who make friends quickly, and are extroverts....and others who are slow to make friends and are introverts.....or just simply like time to get used to someone.
I respect them all.
I'm so glad these dogs have been saved.

I don't trust anyone who "hates" animals, I've heard them say that, to me there is something wrong with them.