Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016, Year of the Vegan
It is shaping up, even this early in the year, to be Year of the Vegan.

Google searches for vegan are way up. Big chains like Ben and Jerry's have produced a vegan ice cream.

Peta has posted a list of reason why.  There are a lot of reasons.

http://www.peta.org/features/year-of-veg...dium=Promo

I think they are right. I am seeing foods in the store that are vegan. I am seeing vegan restaurants and regular restaurants with vegan options. People even know what you mean when you say vegan.

This is only February. I am seeing all kinds of articles that deal with the issue. Vegan could well be the most used word this year.
Let us hope this all translates into a better world for animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, this is good news for the animals! Yay!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It will be worth watching to see how this develops.
I think we will see many new food products available. Companies are very good at following trends.
Catherine

I just hope they don't charge too much for the products.

I am sure there will be expensive ones and then there will be the no name brand cheaper versions. If you want the fancy packaging you will buy the expensive brands. If you just want the product you will buy in bulk or buy the plain box.

That is how it is with the stuff on the market now.

I think stores will gradually give over more space to vegetarian and vegan products.

I bought Vit B12 today and in fine print on the side it stated that it was suitable for a vegetarian.

There will be lots of changes in future.  I bought hand crafted soap at an eco-fair last summer and I see that it is Vegan. That makes me wonder what other soap is made from.
Catherine

Yes, I look forward to more veggie products coming out. I don't care about the fancy packaging and will buy bulk or generic. I don't know what soap is made of but I know I asked myself the same question about it before.

I know soap is made from oil and lye. The oil could be rendered animal fat. That would be cheaper than good vegetable oils.

I think olive oil makes really fine soap.
Catherine

Yes, it seems olive oil would make a good soap. They should make people aware of what soap is made of.

We should be asking what our soap is made of and everything else.  Even if most people do not give up eating meat it will still be better if people ask where things come from and how they are made.  There is a strong demand for cage free eggs. That is a big step. Major food suppliers are taking notice.

We have the power to change things if we have the will.
Catherine

Yes, it is a good idea to ask where things come from.