Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian Govt to kill 2 million feral cats
I don't like to see invasive reptiles, birds and rats killed.  We create a problem and we solve it by killing the problem we created.
Also when they do big culls, other animals get killed  in the process. That seems to defeat the purpose of killing cats to save other wildlife.

Feral cats seldom work out as pets so it is unlikely they can be adopted. I am not sure what they can do, but wholesale killing is a cruel solution. The cats can't be left to reproduce. I get that. They are destroying the local wildlife. They don't belong and they are destroying so much that does belong.

The problem of people letting their cats out is a slightly different issue. There needs to be a public education program to teach people why they can't let their cats out to kill local birds. It could be taught in the schools. Children are often more willing to learn.

Preventing litters of unwanted kittens is another issue. There needs to be a push to get people to neuter their cats. Maybe their needs to be a subsidy or something to bring the price of neutering down. How about a tax break. If you neuter your cat you can claim the expanse on your income tax. It might work.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Australian Govt to kill 2 million feral cats - by Catherine - 02-25-2016, 03:58 PM