Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who let the dove out
I am up at all different hours of the day and night because I don't have a job outside the home. My birds are still up now but they have gone to their cage. I don't close the door any more but I cover them with a big cloth and towel. I guess my birds are on my schedule. I don't think they mind though.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think I confused my doves. I woke them late last night and they are in their sleeping spot now. Poor doves. I am going out so they can sleep when I am gone.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

They will be okay. My birds adapt really easily, not sure if yours do. Like I said I am up all kinds of hours. My birds didn't go to sleep until 4 am today.
I don't know how well doves adapt. I did try covering their cage, but they didn't like that. Days are longer now anyhow. The sun will be shinning in the window very early by June. I am sure they will work out routines. Maybe I will have to sing to them like I did for the quail. Soft singing always quieted them down for sleep.
Catherine

How did you know the doves didn't like being covered? My birds like it or at least I think so, I have been doing it for 16 years.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
When I covered Dora's cage she acted distressed and didn't settle. When I took the cover off she seemed calm and relaxed.
Catherine