Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who let the dove out
I have Diamond Doves. They are from Australia and they are much smaller than a mourning dove.

[Image: IMG_1299.JPG]

That is Dora on the nest and Virgil watching over her.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

They look just like our morning doves! I like doves a lot. They are gentle critters.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
They are shaped just like mourning doves, but they are half the size and more white than grey. There little coos are small and squeaky and at first I had to laugh. Somehow now I hear them as dove coos, just like the big doves, but much smaller. Smiley4
Catherine

I love to hear doves coo! Our morning doves are light brown and not real big.

My little doves are half that size, with tiny coos to match. They are very sweet, but they are also watching me right now. Who knows what they are thinking.
Catherine

I would be interested in what my pets are thinking. I just have to rely on body language as best I can. Smile

I don't know how to read dove body language. That might take a while. I have noticed in the last little while that they are paying attention to me. They are used to being here and they are used to me. Now they are showing interest.  When they lean forward towards me when they are looking at me, I assume that is interest.

They don't respond to my voice exactly, but I think talking to them is helping.
Catherine

I know some things about parakeets body language from my studies about them. It is important to know when a bird is sick for they try to hide it. They will puff up and look like a pine cone.

The doves puff up when they want to sleep. They do it every night so it must be normal behavior.
Catherine

I meant to say that it is parakeet sick behavior to puff up like a pine cone. I don't know anything about doves.