Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who let the dove out
It is good to hear that Bailee is flying around. The two of them will be able to have fun together flying around your place.  It didn't take her long to learn did it.

Dora Dove is sitting on the nest again so she is thinking about egg laying. So far they have not hatched anything, but they do keep trying.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Bailee and Danny have both been flying and they never run into each other. I love to watch their antics!

Maybe Dora will have baby birds. Are you hoping for babies?

I'm scared of Bailee having babies because Lucy was egg bound one time. I had to remove the egg from her vent. She was okay after that but she was in distress and could not lay it herself. It was the only egg she ever layed. She never sat on it so I saved it and put it with her in the freezer.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I have a pair of doves so I hope Dora hatches an egg or two. She has no trouble laying eggs, but they don't seem to be fertile so far.
Baby doves would be so sweet.

I just checked and the doves are not in their usual spot watching me. Dora is sitting on the nest and Virgil is sitting near her. There must be an egg in the nest.
Catherine

I hope Dora is sitting on eggs and that they will hatch. It's always nice to have babies!

There is one egg there, but so far she has had no success hatching anything.  I don't know if the eggs are fertile. Maybe Virgil is too young or maybe Dora is too old.  They keep trying. A baby dove would be so cute. I can get egg food for the baby so I will be able to feed it, if anything ever hatches.
Catherine

That's great you know what to feed a baby dove. I don't know much about raising birds from hatching.

I did hatch out quail once. They were  the little Chinese quail that people keep as pets.  I took them in because they were abandoned at a pet store in a tiny margarine container.  As soon as I got them home they started nest building and hatched out two sets of two chicks. They were so cute and really tiny. Martha was a very good mother. 

I had the quail for a number of years and then they died out. I have never seen one since so they must have been a bit of a pet fad.
Catherine

That's pretty cool that you had quail that hatched and you raised them! You are a good bird mother!

Dora does have an egg and she is sitting on her nest. Virgil is sitting beside the nest keeping her company. Heart
They are so devoted to each other. Heart
Catherine

That's real nice that there is an egg there. Did you know that birds need more nutrients when they are breeding? I know at the stores I go to they have food that is high in vitamins and minerals for such situations.