Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who let the dove out
I don't know much about egg laying. It would be nice to have baby doves! Smile

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I bet the babies are very funny and cute. I did have quail lay eggs and hatch chicks, but most of their eggs didn't hatch.  Usually there were chicks in the eggs that didn't make it. In this case the egg is just an egg.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have seen many pictures of parakeet babies on Facebook in a group I joined called Parakeets. It's funny how the babies look like they are from another planet!

Baby parakeets are funny looking. Baby quail were adorable. They were fuzzy little balls with legs.
I have no idea what a baby dove looks like. Baby pigeons are featherless strange looking creatures. Doves are probably the same.
Catherine

Here is a page that has some pictures of baby doves on it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures...70&bih=885

They are cutie pies!

All the doves are beautiful. I noticed a number of diamond doves and their babies. They really are sweet. I do hope we hatch an egg out some day.  I can't imagine what a little baby dove would sound like. The adults barely make a sound.
Catherine

I hope you do have an egg hatch. My deceased bird Lucy once laid an egg and it got stuck coming out. I had to pull it out because she was in distress. She laid an egg only once in the 9 years I had her. She wouldn't sit on the egg. I put the egg in the freezer with her.

It is hard for a female on her own to produce eggs. I feel for Lucy. It is amazing that you were able to help her deliver the egg.

Dora lays one egg regularly and sits on it for a while. So far none have developed. Maybe it is the wrong time of year.

How strange, they are not on their usual perch.  I cleaned up and did makeovers on the lizard tanks near them. Maybe they are still upset by all the activity.
Catherine

Birds do get upset by changes to their environment. When I pull the pans out of the bird cage and the playpen they fly around the room and shriek. They do love the vacuum cleaner, though, they sing to the sound.
They were excited when I fed them yesterday. They couldn't wait for me to be done. They had to check out the food right away.

Now they are on their day perch. I hope I haven't confused then by being up so late.
Catherine