Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some photos
Here are Cupcake & Beethoven's babies, Lady and Gaga

[Image: DSC00436_zpsdb5e46c0.jpg]
They are so adorable. They must be the cutest ones ever. Are they Teddys? They look like little woolly lambs. I take it from the names that they are both girls. Are you keeping either of them.Smile
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, they are both Teddys. They come from Xena's daughter, Cupcake. They are both girls, gave them those names because the children love Lady Gaga. Their hair seems to be a lot better than Xena's last litter, doesn't look like they are bald in various places.
Awww, they are so totally cute!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Lady Gaga should wish she had hair like that. It is so thick and curly. So Xena is a grandmother. How many generation do you have now? Are these great grand guineas?

They are really cute!Smile
Catherine

(11-30-2013, 02:30 PM)Catherine Wrote: Lady Gaga should wish she had hair like that. It is so thick and curly. So Xena is a grandmother. How many generation do you have now? Are these great grand guineas?

They are really cute!Smile

They do seem to have thick and curly hair - wish I had hair like that!! Big Grin They are grand guineas, just 3rd generation. I'm keeping them both because I'm happy with how they are looking. I am selling Xena's two babies (Apollo and Athena) because I'm not happy with the way their hair has gone. Looks like they are thinning in places.
They look great and they are both girls, they are definitely keepers.
You always want to keep the best for future breeding stock. Funny the other two don't have good coats. Do these babies have a better father?
Catherine

Both fathers appear to have good coats. I think it may be in the genetics when Xena and Hercules are paired together. The only decent offspring to come off them is Cupcake. Her coat is perfect and there hasn't been any problems with her. Her brothers, however, was completely different. Apart from the one losing the use of his back legs, both appeared to have had their coats thinning in places. Crumpet has lost a lot of his coat mainly around the neck and back. I'm not using him but I can't sell him either because he looks a mess.

I think Beethoven is the teddy boar to use with another teddy sow. I will use Hercules with non-teddy sows and get some carriers, probably do the same with Xena. May even try her with Beethoven and see if we can get more improved offspring.
Interesting. Inheritance is complex because we do not know what all an animal carries. You are right, some pairings work better than others. Is there a problem when you cross Teddy to Teddy.

I suppose you just have to test out breedings and see how they go.

Can you place the ones like Crumpet with someone like me who takes the imperfect ones. Some of us like to provide homes for the pets that can't be sold. They are just as special, but they don't look perfect and most people want perfect.
Catherine