Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We love pets - Pets love us
We all know this, but it is nice to know that various studies confirm it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/marie-ca...00224.html

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/...26387.html

I wonder how non animal people cope with life.

They don't have as much fun, that's for sure. Smiley4

I am typing this with a snake wrapped around my hand. So any spelling mistakes are not my fault.

I wonder what non animal people do with their time?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The article said that looking into a dogs eyes can increase certain chemicals for bonding. Suzy and Ii stare at each other a lot during the day. We both look away for a little while, too, so we don't stare too much. It's really funny how we do this!!

Animals do have unconditional love for us. They are so great! I don't know what I'd do without Suzy. I love my birds a lot, too.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Good articles. I enjoyed reading them. As you say, there is nothing there that we pet lovers didn't know already (instinctively, at least). But it is always good to have such things spelt out in articles.

Regarding spelling, I've heard some good excuses....but holding a snake whilst typing is the best and certainly the most original, LOL! Rotating LOL

(In case American readers think I have misspelt the word "spelt" above, here is the answer: http://grammarist.com/spelling/spelled-spelt )
That's funny about holding the snake while typing. Danny bird sits on my head while I'm typing! lol

Quote:Regarding spelling, I've heard some good excuses....but holding a snake whilst typing is the best and certainly the most original, LOL!
It is the best excuse I have come up with so far.  Smiley4
A bird on the head would be funny while typing, but a snake on the hand is a serious complication. I could only use one finger on that hand because she was holding the rest.
Quote:(In case Amercian readers think I have misspelt the word "spelt" above, here is the answer: http://grammarist.com/spelling/spelled-spelt )
 As a Canadian I use both forms of the language, English and American. Sometimes I use both forms in the same sentence.
Of course that might be more of a snake in the hand issue.
Catherine

My grammar isn't as good as it once was so I really couldn't tell the difference in the spelling. lol. After taking a second language years ago my english became worse.

Your snake sounds precious!

(02-26-2016, 07:32 PM)Ruth Wrote: That's funny about holding the snake while typing.  Danny bird sits on my head while I'm typing!  lol
Would like to see a photo of that!
I suspect many of us with pets do funny things while on the computer. I often have something sitting with me or on me as I type. At very least I have animals near me and I am talking the them or watching them.

The doves are watching me now. I ran out of dove food and had to take an emergency walk to the pet store. So I bought them a bag of millet as well. Now they are very interested to see what else I might produce.

Jake is watching because it is feeding day and he knows I will bring food soon. Sometimes I am a little distracted. The geckos and skinks call to each other and to me when they want food. If I get the feeling that someone is behind me staring, there is someone, but they are small and green. Smiley4
Catherine

That's funny. We all get that feeling when someone is staring at us from afar. Your pet family sounds wonderful! My birds watch for me to change their food to fresh food every other day. Then Danny or Bailee will sit on the branch and peck at the new food.

The baby beardies watch my every move. They are always hungry. If they feel it is food time they will come to the glass and stare at me.

Birds seem to get so excited about fresh food even if they were not out.  The doves are watching me again.  Maybe that is why they sit on that perch in the evening. I use the computer in the evening and they like to watch me.

I watched a show with Henry the paralyzed beardie earlier. He is quite happy to just be there on my shoulder. When he rides on me you can't tell he is paralyzed. It lets him hold his head up and pretend he is a healthy beardie. I take him for walks like that and let people think he is totally alright. He is entitled to some dignity.
Catherine