Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Great Sayings
Albert Einstein :

"Nothing can be more beneficial to human health and increase the chances of survival of life on earth as the change to a vegetarian diet.".

Thomas Edison :

"I am vegetarian and anti-alcoolic: that way I can make better use of my brain".

Leonardo de Vinci :

"I very early on renounced to meat and a day will come when men such as me will proscribe the killing of animals as they today proscribe the killing of their kind".

Darwin :

"Very few men could support for 5 minutes the observation of an animal trying to flee, with a crushed or shredded member".

"The classification of forms, of organic functions and of diets have showed in a self-evident way that normal nutrition for men is vegetal as it is also for anthropïds and monkeys, that our canines are less developped than theirs, and that we are are not destined to enter in competition with wild beast or carnivorous animals".

Pythagorus :

"For as long as men will massacre animals, they will kill each other. One who sows murder and pain cannot reap joy and love ".

Mahatma Gandhi :

"I beleive that spiritual progress asks of us to stop killing other living beings for our own bodily needs".

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which it treats it's animals".

"To not eat meat is of great help to the elevation of the soul."

Romain Rolland:

“Cruelty against animals and the indifference towards their suffering is in my opinion, one of humanity's heaviest sins. It is the basis of human perversity. If man creates so much suffering, what right as he to complain about his own ?”

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov:

"Human wars are fed by the cruelty which is done to animals. One can only harvest what one has sowed."

Peter Deunov:

"By consuming vegetarian food, man becomes more purified. Meat contains more toxins. When animals are slaughtered, they experience fear which forms toxins in their organism. The people who eat this meat, assimilate these toxins into their systems and as a result, diseases appear."

Leo Tolstoy:

“A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.”

Albert Schweitzer:

“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.”

Thomas A. Edison:

“Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.”

Love is the real Answer if you keep asking Why…

Only you hold the Answer as the choice for Action is Yours.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
What a marvelous set of sayings. I have only heard one or two of them before. I did not know that the most of the people quoted were vegetarian. I knew about Ghandi, but I would never have guessed that Da Vinci was not a meat eater.

It seems that humanity has been trying to change for a long time now.

Darwin as a vegetarian opens up all kinds of ideas. He was all about survival of the fittest. He clearly thought not eating meat made him more fit.

It is seldom ever mentioned how these people felt about eating meat.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I found these sayings on Facebook and just had to post them. They are so good to know.

I might print them out and put them on my frig where I can read them regularly.

They deserve to be read and thought over many times.
Catherine

That's a good idea. I think I may print them out once I get my printer ink in the mail. My printer ink went dry. My printer may be too close to the heat vent or in it's path. I moved it back some. I may frame these sayings and hang them on the wall. I have so much room on my bare white walls here. lol

I need to get printer ink too. It is almost more expensive than the printer. 

I could hand copy the ones I like best.  Or I could stop at the store and get the ink.
Catherine

Amazon.com has printer ink that is generic for most printers and it's a lot less expensive. That is what I ordered. The printer brand ink is so expensive!

I was thinking of checking out online ink shopping. I wonder if they deliver in Canada. They  probably do.
Catherine

Those are good sayings from great men. Thank you Ruth.
I am still amazed at who some of these famous vegetarians are. Ghandi and Einstein I can understand, but I never expected Darwin or Da Vinci to be against eating meat.
Catherine