Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are you and how was your day and whatever...
Out of about 900 species of eucalypt koalas will eat about 40, but really only prefer about 10 of those species, so they're quite picky.

I have a memory foam pillow which I love, and I should get a new one since this one's a bit old now.
Ahhh mattresses. Spring coil, pocket coil, memory foam, air, water, posturepedic, chiropractic, firm, soft, extra firm etc etc etc
Nightmare. I just want comfy and not $10,000.
Quote:Out of about 900 species of eucalypt koalas will eat about 40, but really only prefer about 10 of those species, so they're quite picky.
It always amazes me that people and animals are so picky. Food is food. Surely the leaves can't taste that different.
I don't even want to think about a new mattress. So many choices and such a complicated range of sizes and thicknesses.
Ruth I don't know how you ever made a choice.
I have a good memory foam pillow, but what I really need is an orthopedic pillow. Because of their shape I can't roll over on my stomach, which I like to do, but it is very bad for my neck.
I have a custom made futon. I did buy the 9 in thick one and it was made to be 29 in rather than the standard 39 in most single beds come in. I am small and I don't move around at night. I could probably manage on less than that. I think it will have to be replaced soon. I have slept so well on it. The store has moved or closed. I wonder if anyone else would do a custom futon.
I love being 6 in from the floor. I hate sleeping in a high bed.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

My bed is high because of the drawers in it. It was easy for me to make my choice because I knew what I wanted. First I picked out the frame and then saw mattresses and chose a firm pillow top one. I tried it out and got it. It didn't take me long. Mine is a double bed. I like to roll around when I sleep so it's good for that. Suzy will jump up in it when I wake in the morning. It's a challenge for her to jump in it but she still can do it. I hope you can find a nice bed Catherine.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
You can get a pet stair case for beside your bed for Suzy if she has trouble jumping up. They are a good idea for older animals.

If you have drawers your bed would be higher. I like a low to the ground bed. Futons are different. They are firm, almost solid, but not like an orthopedic mattress.  I am very comfortable, but I know it is getting to be replacement time.  I will look around. Someone else must make futons. It was easy for them to make it smaller.

The pillow tops look comfortable, but so do the others. I agree with Platy, there are so many kinds and styles to choose from. I just want a good price. Maybe I should check out Ikea.
Catherine

I have a staircase for Suzy to get into the bed but she won't use it and is actually scared of it. I tried and tried to get her to use it.

That is too bad about the stairs. I know cats and dogs that use them. 

I did go on line and there are custom futon places.  I will check them out. I want smaller than standard so it is easy for them to do.
Catherine

What size is standard? I once had a single bed but I missed the double so got one of those. I've never had a futon. Do you like them?

I really love my futon. Not everyone feels the same about a futon. They use a low frame close to the ground. A lot of people prefer to be higher up. The futon is a canvass bag that is stuffed until firm. It isn't soft and yet it isn't hard. It does feel good to my back.

A standard single bed is usually 72 in long and 39 wide(here is some variation).
I had them make my futon 29 in wide. I am small and I don't move around at night. I find 29 in to be wider than I need.

I find a double bed to be enormous and I end up putting pillows down the middle to make it seem smaller.

I understand that most people like a bed with lots of room.  I like a smaller space and I curl up into it like a nest. Smiley63
Catherine

I have to agree with you Catherine, I like cozy. too.

I popped in tonight after being away, hope everyone is doing well, I commented on a few positive topics only, I didn't look at any of the negative threads, but applaud all who did.

I'll be back again sometime,
Cathie, we are always glad to hear from you. I always try to have positive threads so everyone knows that there are good things happening and good people caring for animals.  I think there is more good than bad in the world, but we do try to keep track of the bad so we can protest against it.  It is not easy to read about. That is why I try to post it so you can know without reading the article.
Catherine