Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are you and how was your day and whatever...
I know it gets hard to read about the bad things happening to animals. I don't think I could read all of it if I weren't on antidepressants. I used to get very depressed reading the bad things done to animals. Of course it still bothers me immensely but I don't get as depressed about it now.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Usually I describe an article well enough that you don't have to read it. I warn if there are pictures people might not want to see.
I have to read these things because I am responsible for the content on ALWF.

It isn't easy to see these things, but we report them so we can try and change them.
The stories bother me. I would worry if they didn't. I just feel that it is better that I know.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, we need to know the bad things, too, so we can take action. I am trying to find a balance of things I post here, too.

We always have to remember that the good things out number the bad. That is why we are shocked by the bad.
Good things don`t make the headlines because they are common place.

When I do post a sad story or a terrible thing, I do have a reason. I feel there is some good can come out of people knowing about it. It is not easy though.  I often have to read several articles about a story to find the right one to post. Some reporters have a terrible attitude when they report things. I won`t post anything like that. I take the content of the forum very seriously.
It is my responsibility, but it is also my baby. Heart
Catherine

I guess I still think so many bad things are happening to animals and that we don't know all of it. That's a good perspective to have Catherine.

I hear so many good things. It doesn't make that headlines that every day thousands, millions of people walk their dogs and give them excellent care. Cats are cared for and special treats are given. Birds are fed, rabbits are snuggled and guinea pigs trill with delight over the sight of special veggies. 

These things happen all the time and we don't hear about it because it is the norm.

We hear about the failures in care and the acts of cruelty. They stand out because we are shocked by them. We are shocked because we see good care as normal.
The world is essentially a good place and most people lead ordinary good lives and they love their pets.
Catherine

Off topic sorry, my computer suddenly won,t pick up internet so until I get it fixed I,m using my iPad mini it is,nt easy typing on such a small screen. I have looked through the many posts live missed, and as always marvel at how caring everyone here is.
I have had to use my phone to post a few times so I know how hard it is. Spell check can really mess up what you are trying to type.  Do the best you can. We will know when you are using the iPad. There is a funny quality to the way it lets you type.

I accidently agreed to Windows 10 so I am still having to find out how to do things.

I figure if we don't laugh at our computer woes they will drive us crazy.  At least you have internet. I think Tobi is having trouble with her internet from time to time.

We are all animal lovers here. We need to care for each other. How else can we put energy into caring for animals.
Catherine

I have never had a tablet or a smart phone. I have the old fashioned desk top computer but now I have a 27 inch new screen that I love. I hope everyone's computer will behave. Smile

The 27 in screen sounds good. I have a desk top PC with a 21 in screen. I don't have a TV, I use my computer as a TV.
I have the smart phone, but no iPad or lap top. I would love a tablet or I think I want one.

The smart phone is good because it does get the internet.  It is also synced with my computer because they use the same modem. So my phone knows what I have looked up on my computer the night before. Maybe it is a little too smart.
Catherine