Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Mean" Dog responds to love
I have sensed that showing fear in any animal situation is not good. Animals react to our fear. Running is the worst thing to do. I am sure it would trigger all kinds of response in a dog.

Giving space makes sense. I can see why it is better not to make eye contact. Even reptiles can be bothered by eye contact, lizards anyhow, snakes not so much. If you are going to pick up a snake, do it with confidence. If you act in fear you can trigger a response in a snake. Baby snakes will strike out of fear. They are so small that it doesn't hurt. So I let them do it and that usually works. They get used to being handled. I am calm so they become calm. It is actually pretty funny when something the size of a piece of wool is attacking your hand. I won't let the babies go as pets until they are past that stage.

I can see how dogs need space and respect and how they need to have time to come to us. Dogs are a pack animal and they are more complex in their emotions.

I would like to think that almost any dog can be won over with enough time, patience and love.  Look how they rescue dogs from horrible situations and they turn into loving pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
"Mean" Dog responds to love - by Catherine - 03-07-2016, 03:57 PM
RE: "Mean" Dog responds to love - by LPC - 03-07-2016, 06:22 PM
RE: "Mean" Dog responds to love - by Catherine - 03-10-2016, 02:30 PM