Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK police keep dog in tiny cage for 2 years!
I think what might have been at the root of this hatred of Pit Bulls, are a few things.
One of them is that these dogs can have a 'terrier' nature.....much like Jack Russells and other terriers -of which there are hundreds.... They love to grab things and pull, and shake them. They will have so much fun with a rope toy or other toy designed for this.
Other dogs apart from terriers will also do this, but terriers seem to enjoy that more (from what I've seen anyway.)

They very often have a higher pain threshold than some dogs. (Jack Russells are also like this.)

Pit Bulls have very strong jaws (you can see the build of their jaw muscles, and their faces are much squarer that some breeds.) They have more pound-per-square-inch of jaw pressure than some breeds. And they have a tendency for their jaws to 'lock' when gripping something.

Unfortunately over the years, these became the dog of choice for drug dealers, 'heavies' and other criminals. And then of course, they were subjected to bad breeding/training/brutalising to make them harder and more suited for these peoples' purposes.

And those, I feel are the causes of mindless prejudice. It is so sad that in most Shelters, this is the predominant breed of stray and abandoned dogs....except in the UK, where Staffies and Staffy crosses are predominant.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK police keep dog in tiny cage for 2 years! - by Tobi - 03-10-2016, 01:18 AM