Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish hunting dogs hung slowly or starved
Spanish hunting dogs, having served their "owners" (I won't call them caretakers) loyally, are hung slowly or starved. The "lucky" ones are shot dead. This is, apparently, a tradition going back many centuries. Please sign and maybe we can persuade the Spanish Govt. to get animal welfare laws extended to hunting dogs, who are currently excluded from protection legislation:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/356/977/9...l-cruelty/
I signed. It seems, everywhere we look, there are some dreadful abuses of animals still going on. How terrible and very sad. I hope this petition will persuade the Spanish Government to do something about it. Another thing is why are these dogs exempt from animal welfare laws?
Thanks for bringing this to light, LPC.
WHAT!
I am totally shocked. I caught the article a short time ago then I lost the page and I couldn't find it again. I did not realize that it was about such abuse.

How is it possible that anyone would treat a dog like that. What kind of people are they.

What country would allow such a thing to go on and not invoke animal cruelty laws.

Of course they also allow bull fighting. Angry
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I also signed, It's appalling.
It is unbelievable that this goes on in the 21st century.
Catherine

Thanks to those who have signed. Petitions can and do make a difference. Governments do listen to public opinion (often, but not always of course).
If enough people protest there could be good results. After all, governments want tourist dollars. No country wants a reputation for animal cruelty once they realize that the public is against it.

It just seems so incredible that this kind of thing goes on. Are there no local humane societies to intervene?
Catherine

It said I already signed but I am glad you brought light to this atrocity. It's horrible!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
There must be many things like this around the world. The cruelty goes on until it is challenged. That is why it is good to search the internet for things. If we can post them and make a petition public it will help bring the hidden cruelty to the public.

I think of people who care about animals as cleaning the world up, one atrocity at a time.
Catherine