Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should pet bans be banned?
I understand about waiting. I get eyes glasses coverage through my job, but only every two years.  I have to wait until the fall, but I think I will need new glasses. Usually I can wait a few months. After all we don't want to pay the whole cost ourselves.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I get glasses every 2 years through my insurance, too. Eyeglasses can be expensive to pay for yourself. I once bought a pair on my own and they cost $500.00 which is really high.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I reuse the old frames as long as possible and it still is expensive. I have progressives (three different distances in each lens) and they are expensive enough. They are worth it though. They give me three distances so I can see what I am doing, but it was like learning to see again. My brain had to get used to them.
Catherine

I wanted to reuse a frame but the optician told me they were damaged and would probably break soon. I, too, have progressives and plus I have those that get dark when I go outside. I forgot what they are called. lol

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I know what you mean about them turning dark, but I forget what it is called.  I didn't want that.
I got strong metal frames this time and they seem to be holding up. They are on the second set of lenses.

I broke a beautiful set of metal frames that were a soft pewter colour. The metal just snapped. I had to use a band aid to hold the lens in place until I got to the eye doctor.

I chipped a lens once when I left a spoon in a drinking glass. It swung around and hit the glass. It would have hit my eye if it were not for the glasses. (Remember being told  "take the spoon out or you will put your eye out")  It seems they were right.
Catherine