Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Dog Named Gucci
I am not sure I remember this story. It is a long time ago. Gucci was a puppy that was set on fire. The man who rescued him adopted him and worked with vets to heal him.
He also worked, with Gucci at his side as a witness to the effects of animal cruelty, to change the laws to  make animal cruelty a serious crime.

There is now a movie called "A Dog Named Gucci". It tells the story, not as a bunch of horrible abuse pictures, but as a story of how hope and love triumph.
The trailer in in the article and it is good and I think the movie would be worth seeing.

https://www.thedodo.com/abused-dog-chang...11429.html

There is no doubt that animal cruelty laws are getting stronger and crimes against animals  are being taken more seriously. I think it is the efforts of people like James and Gucci that have helped do this.

There is still more work to be done so a movie that tells the story will continue Gucci's work even though he has gone now.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I would very much like to see that film, or if there is a book -would like to read Gucci's story. A harrowing and terrible thing to happen to him, and he is lucky not only to survive, but to be with that man, and to live happily for many years.
Even though there are terrible and cruel deeds in this world, there are equally -so many loving people.
What on earth induced those teenagers to treat the pup that way? What can it be that makes anyone wish to cause intense suffering like that? I deeply hope that something will reach through to them and others like them, one day and move/heal their hearts.
I don't know what triggers some people to do act of cruelty. They do know that there is no line between cruelty to animals and cruelty to people. Some people lack empathy. They are cold and empty inside. Some people actually feel "good" when they do something cruel.

We do need to take any incident seriously.

Gucci was a brave little dog. He did not let his terrible experiences mark his life. He may have looked damaged, but he kept a loving and open heart.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Congrats to whoever came up with the idea of coming up with the movie. I will look for it and view it.