Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cruel reality of Ostrich farming
Peta has been watching the ostrich farming industry and it is no better that any other mass produced farming.
The birds are not treated well and then they are killed for their skin.  If you see certain fancy designer bags you are looking at an ostrich that died young.

http://investigations.peta.org/ostriches...dium=Alert

It seems so horrible that a sweet intelligent bird should die so someone can have a fancy bag.

I have a perfectly nice cloth bag. I can carry it proudly because no animal suffered and died in its making.

Please sign the petition. The ostriches need you.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Just signed. Those poor birds!  "I have a perfectly nice cloth bag. I can carry it proudly because no animal suffered and died in its making."
  Like button
People may not have a fur coat and may not eat meat, but might forget where their "designer" bags come from!
It is terribly sad and cruel, and completely unnecessary.
As you say Catherine, your bag is made of cloth, and who needs more than that? Who the heck needs a "designer" handbag anyway??

I signed, and hope our voices can get such cruelty stopped. Hermes and Prada had better listen well!
Who wants to walk around with a dead animal all day. A person in the line next to me at the ballet had a python skin bag. I recognize the belly scales and the back scale pattern. I wanted to say something to her about the snake dying at a few years old when it could have lived thirty five years.  I have a python at home, but mine is still alive. They also skin the snakes alive and leave them to die slowly.

It was sad to see the baby ostriches and know they will be killed to become wallets.

I will stick with my cloth bag and my cloth coat and my canvass sneakers.
Catherine

I have a purse that is not leather but looks like it. It is a man made material. I will not buy any animal skins for they belong on the animal, not me! I signed it.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think we are all trying to find products that don't hurt animals.

I suppose the ostrich bags are very expensive so the company likes its profits more than it cares about animal lives.

If only people would stop buying ostrich products. That would end this very quickly.
Catherine

Of course they care more about profits than animals. That's the problem with the world. It makes me sick!

We are a world that needs some improvement. Remember for every sad story like this, there are stories of people caring for animals and risking their lives to save them. It balances, but we want to see the day when we can't find any animal abuse stories to post. I would love to check my news alerts and find they are all happy things.

I believe that some day there will be more happy things.
Catherine

Yes, lots of good things are being done for animals, too. I wish we lived in a world where people respect all life.

Until that happens we have to speak for animals and be vigilant. When we see a problem we need to react.

What ostriches need is a rich and famous star to denounce designer bags made of ostrich skins. That would carry weight with the people who make and sell the bags. They would soon drop the product if it stopped making money for them.
Catherine