Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Seal hunt in Canada
Big Hisses!
It is almost time for the spring seal hunt in Canada.
Every year I am ashamed and embarrassed by my country and I cry for all the baby seals who die so young and so cruelly and I cry for the mothers who lose their babies year after year.

http://links.mkt4012.com/servlet/MailVie...&mt=1&rt=0

When will it end.

Please sign the petition.

Some day we will stop this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Let us hope that this appalling killing will stop soon. I just signed, although there is a problem with the petition: it accepts signatures and addresses from other countries in the drop down list, but insists on a Canadian state nevertheless! I just put down Alberta, as "France" was chosen as the country but it still wouldn't let me sign without a state from their list.
Alberta was a good choice. No one in Alberta is in favour of the seal hunt. The province is so far inland that people are a little vague about what a seal is.

We made a victory when we stopped them killing the two day old fluffy white seals. That was horrible. That was also years ago.
Things haven't improved since then.

We need people to stop buying seal products. In the end that is what will change things. When no one will buy the skins, it becomes to much trouble and cost to go out and do more killing.

I first heard about the hunt 52 years ago. A teacher who had lived in the east brought a film to school and showed us what happens during the hunt. I doubt he had permission to do that, so he was a brave man. He risked his job to show us the truth.
What I have trouble accepting is the fact that the hunt still goes on. After all these years it is just as brutal and just as pointless. Smiley19
Catherine

I have seen this on Facebook and signed the petition on there. Poor seals. How can anyone hunt them? It's so tragic.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It is a tragedy that has been going on for years.  

I hope that one day I will look back and shake my head in disbelief that it ever happened.
Future generations will ask why.  Why we ever did it and why did it take so long to end it.
Catherine

I hope they stop the madness of slaughtering them! So many people think of animals as things and not living, feeling, beings. I hope it will change.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
There was a time when they supported themselves by killing seals. Now I don't think they do very well. There is less and less of a market for the skins.

A wise person would look for another job. The area needs new industries to support their economy. Clinging to past ways is going to end badly for them. People will stop wearing fur and skins. It may take a bit longer, but I think there is a change coming.

Right now we need to keep up the pressure against the seal hunt. I think we can slow it down and some day we will end it.
Catherine