Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should you take selfies with animals.
I came across an article that discusses the selfie with animals craze. It asks very good questions about whether you should do it or not.   Conclusion: you should not take selfies with wild animals or most other animals.
Really selfies are a bit odd anyhow. The whole idea of taking your own picture seems a bit strange. You already know what you look like. Why wouldn't you just take a picture. Why do you have to hog the screen?

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals...fie-animal

I can't believe some of the animals people were crazy enough to try and pose with.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The wild animals should be left alone! That's horrible that lions are sold for canned hunting. What a bunch of cowards these hunters are!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Yes, that lion hunting is a terrible thing, Ruth. Hunting any animal (except when desperately needed for food, as with some indigenous people) is a terrible thing.

Taking 'selfies' with wild animals is dangerous and disrespectful, and usually stressful for the animal.

As for 'selfies'...it shows people are just preoccupied with themselves and their appearance usually. But sometimes it needs to be done. I had to do one once for someone to have a pic of me!

The only animals who don't mind selfies are our own pets. They are usually game for a bit of silly egotism, so long as it only goes on for a few seconds and they get a treat afterwards! Smiley4

But NEVER use the flash when taking a pet picture. It scares them and hurts their eyes.
I have taken the odd selfie because I wanted a picture of me with the animal. I only do that with an animal that wants to be with me like that.

I don't use a flash around a reptile. Some of them can't blink so the bright light would be hard on the eyes.

The "canned" hunting is bizarre. I can't imagine what kind of person would be attracted to the idea. I have never met anyone like that and I hope I never do.

I still feel sad that the baby dolphin died because people wanted to take a selfie with it. Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine