Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzy Took off
You could look for a different collar that is more secure and easier to fasten.  Some people have switched to harnesses and I don't know why that would be better or worse.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have a newer collar that is the same type that my sis n law's brother gave me for Christmas. It is really pretty, purple with white polka dots and a flower in the middle of the collar. I'm not sure what I will do yet.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I know you want Suzy to be safe. If you think the new collar is safer you will want to use it. You could test the collars and see which one holds better.
Catherine

Yes but these types of collars sometimes come loose when you think you've put them on correctly. I am not so worried about the collar now. I am worried that Suzy might try to escape from the groomer's shop while I am not there. In the past 3+ years she has never done that so why am I worried now?

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
You are worried because you had a bit of a scare. Suzy did not really try to escape from the groomers. What she did was run towards your car.   She was ready to go home.

I don't think she would run under other circumstances and the groomers I know don't let dogs roam freely in their shops. They do keep the animals under control.
Catherine