Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzy Took off
The groomer should know. Some of the collars are tricky. She needs to double check them to be sure they are secure.

It really was fortunate that Suzy is such a good dog. She would never run from you. She was running to your car.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes Suzy loves me just like I love her and she knows I would never hurt her. She's not crazy about the groomer though the woman is a very nice person.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Dogs don`t like vets and groomers even when they are great people who treat them well. I guess they don`t like being handled by any one other than their person.  It must be a bit scary to be left alone with a stranger for the day.(even if the actually know the stranger)
Catherine

I'm starting to wonder if I should stay with Suzy during the groomer visit. The groomer has me come back in a few hours. I could sit in the lobby and read a good book.

I think dogs like children behave better when we leave. I wonder how Suzy would behave if she knew you were still there.
She would know. She would smell and hear you.
Catherine

Maybe so but she is always good with me. She is an exceptionally well behaved dog.

She might feel more secure if you were there. I wonder how the groomer would feel.  It is harder to work when someone is there waiting. You trust her, but it is hard to leave Suzy, you are with her so much.

Maybe you could ask the groomer what she thinks.
Catherine

After this last scare I think I want to be there with Suzy. I will call the groomer and ask her if I can stay for the grooming.

If you point out that Suzy slipped out of her collar she should understand why you want to be there.  I know it is hard to leave a pet anywhere in someone else's care.
Catherine

The collar was not fastened properly and it came loose when Suzy was leaving the groomer's place. So it just came apart. I won't be getting Suzy groomed for awhile so I have some time to think of what I am going to do. Thanks for your feedback. Smile