Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Facts about Animals
Star 
Here is a page that has weird facts about many animals.  It was hard for me to find the pages at first but they are above the original article from the preview and then 1 to 10 I believe:

http://www.livescience.com/33400-8-weird...facts.html

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I knew about fish sleeping and snakes having two penises(Hemipenes), but they only use one at a time.

I did not know about Koala fingerprints.

There are many odd things about animals that we still don't know.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That barking cat was a revelation!!
I had heard about the Koala fingerprints before. I wonder if they are all different like ours.

And of course other animals are ticklish!
Anyone who's played with a dog can tell you that. Guinea pigs are too, very much so, in some cases. Our hamster was too!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
The world is full of strange and wonderful facts. I am sure there are many things about animals that we don't know.
Catherine

It's always fun to discover the unknown isn't it? I will have to go back over those weird facts. My memory isn't so good so I have to read things twice at least.

I still love fish sleeping. I discovered that when I had a large tank of goldfish and koi. I got up during the night and found they were all on the bottom of the tank asleep. It was really funny to see them.
Catherine

I had fish and saw them sleeping too at the bottom of the tank.

Until you saw the fish sleeping did you even guess that fish slept. I don't think I even thought about it.
Catherine

No, I didn't know fish slept until I saw it for myself. lol

I certainly never thought about koala fingerprints.

What else is out there that we don't know about?
Catherine