Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Facts about Animals
I never knew a million penguins huddle together and a wave of a bit of activity keeps them all warm!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
The penguins are incredible. We never see birds like that. They have found a way to survive some very cold weather. The sight of all those penguins must be really something. You would never forget it, ever.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have seen penguins in movies and at the zoo. They are remarkable birds!

I never knew hens could change into roosters when they have problems with their ovaries. That is so cool!

(04-08-2016, 07:27 AM)Ruth Wrote: I never knew hens could change into roosters when they have  problems with their ovaries.  That is so cool!

No, I didn't know that before. I wouldn't have guessed it was possible! We live and learn!
I understand some frogs can change gender, but I didn't know about hens.  Of course gender is determined by hormones and a change in the ovaries could change a lot. I wonder if the changed rooster is fertile?
Catherine

I really don't know but it would be interested if the rooster was fertile.

I doubt a changed rooster would be fertile, but you never know. Nature is full of surprizes.

There is a species of lizard that has no males. The females just keep producing eggs that hatch out more females. No one has ever found a male of the species and they don't think there are any. They all look alike and they are very fertile.
Catherine