Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Crazy Laws! lol
(03-30-2016, 05:31 PM)LPC Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 03:09 PM)Catherine Wrote: I want to know who would be left to collect the $500.00 if your neighbour sets off a nuke.

Delaware:
[*]In Delaware it is illegal to get married on a dare.
[*]In Delaware you may not sell dead people for money without a license.

Are they strange in Delaware or what?

D.C.     The U.S. government says it's a crime to give false weather reports.
I would say don't become a weatherman in D.C. you are heading for a life of crime.

Florida:  Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
            Florida law forbids rats to leave the ships docked in Tampa Bay.
            If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
            It is illegal to fish while driving across a bridge.
            In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.
            Does Florida have a problem with animals? Would an elephant tied to a parking meter stay put and would the parking meter still be there? How do they plan to keep the rats from leaving the ship?

Georgia: In Atlanta, Georgia, it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.
             In Quitman, It is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.
They have a lot of giraffes in Georgia do they?  So do they ticket the chicken or the chicken's owner? If the chicken is out there crossing the road, how do you prove whose chicken it is? How do you prove who owns the giraffe?

I have to wonder who thinks these laws up. Seriously, do they have giraffes in Georgia? How many elephants were tied to parking meters in Florida? 

I would watch that cop show. It would be hilarious. Smiley4
[*]

Another great set of laws, Catherine! To answer some of your queries, in equally humorous mode:

Weather reports:
It looks like all weather forecasters all over the world are in danger - especially Michael Fish, who years ago denied that a hurricance was heading for the UK - and then it hit! It's been a joke in the UK ever since. He was actually a very popular weather reporter.

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal:
Ouch! The mind boggles at the very thought!

Florida law forbids rats to leave the ships docked in Tampa Bay:
Ah, that's easy. The police arrive and put handcuffs on the offending rats...

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle:
...Not just the parking fee, but also the cost of replacing the meter, after it has been pulled out by the elephant!

It is illegal to fish while driving across a bridge:
...Unless you are riding slowly on an elephant

In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal:
Oh dear! I won't go there then. I regularly make a humming noise to imitate our alpacas. We hum to each other.

In Quitman, it is illegal for a chicken to cross the road:
...That is to discourage them from getting to the other side!  79

Thank you so much for making my day, Catherine!
[*]

In Delaware you may not sell dead people for money without a license.

(Things to do in Delaware when you're dead....LOL.....but seriously -who applies for a license to sell dead people for money anyway?)

The U.S. government says it's a crime to give false weather reports.

(It's a good job that law doesn't apply to England or that's just about every weather reporter heading for jail. if they say it's going to snow it hardly ever does except on top of the Cairngorms....and if they say it's going to be a dry sunny day it rains.)

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

(I presume this applies to humans, dogs, cats, (giraffes?) ? Because if it apples to porcupines that species is absolutely done for! LOL -Unless they would be happy to move to Vegas, or elsewhere, where I presume porcupine2porcupine nuptials are allowed?)

In Quitman, It is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.

(I imagine the cops would stick a ticket on the chicken, then have to follow the chicken home for the money, because chickens don't usually carry wallets. That could take a little time, if the chicken was not intent on going straight home, and was impervious to suggestions or persuasion.)

Messages In This Thread
Some Crazy Laws! lol - by Tobi - 03-29-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: Some Crazy Laws! lol - by Ruth - 03-29-2016, 08:39 AM
RE: Some Crazy Laws! lol - by Catherine - 03-29-2016, 04:30 PM
RE: Some Crazy Laws! lol - by LPC - 03-29-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Some Crazy Laws! lol - by Tobi - 03-30-2016, 02:59 AM
RE: Some Crazy Laws! lol - by Catherine - 03-30-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Some Crazy Laws! lol - by LPC - 03-30-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Some Crazy Laws! lol - by Ruth - 03-31-2016, 09:21 AM
RE: Some Crazy Laws! lol - by Tobi - 03-31-2016, 09:21 AM
RE: Some Crazy Laws! lol - by Catherine - 03-31-2016, 03:44 PM
RE: Some Crazy Laws! lol - by Tobi - 04-01-2016, 04:52 AM