Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
See how Bailee has filled out
It is spring. Danny is just responding to nature. Bailee would want to sort him out and put him in his place anyhow.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(04-20-2016, 03:05 PM)Catherine Wrote: It is spring. Danny is just responding to nature. Bailee would want to sort him out and put him in his place anyhow.

I know, I was just kidding around saying Danny is a horny bird.  lol. I have a sense of humor, too.  Bailee does rule the roost for sure as females usually do.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think most female birds rule the nest. The males wouldn't spend so much time trying to impress the girls if it wasn't so.
Catherine

Danny sure does try to impress Bailee but then he gives up and sleeps. I hope he is okay. Taking both of them to the avian vet next month.

Quote:Danny sure does try to impress Bailee but then he gives up and sleeps. I hope he is okay. Taking both of them to the avian vet next month.
She is still too young, but you can't blame him for trying. Danny is giving himself lots of rest so he is ready to go when she does grow up.
I am glad you have a good avian vet. I am sure you will find they are both fine and doing well together.
Catherine

Yes, I do have a good Avian Vet. and a spare one, too, if he's not available. They are quite far from me but my old car still makes it there. I'm so lucky to have found a young bird that gets along with an older one. It was not the case with Lucy and Lenny. She didn't like him. He loved her, though. It was kind of sad.
Sometimes you can pair old and young animals and sometimes you can't. Danny and Bailee are a lucky pairing.
Catherine

Bailee and Danny do well together. He has taught her a lot. She makes a lot of the same sounds as he does now and sometimes I am wondering which one of them is making a sound. He has taught her to fly around the room and she is really enjoying that.

They are really close. That is sweet and you know they are happier together.
Catherine

They make a real good pair. I have to get them checked out. I will when it gets warm. They are such considerate birds, too, if I fall asleep on the couch where they are they get real quiet. They are sleeping right now but stayed up late. I usually cover their cage once they go back into it to sleep.