Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For them to not use cages
Here is a petition for this place to stop using cages on chickens.

http://www.worldanimalprotection.us.org/...gefree2016

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
This is a good petition. I signed it.

There is a real push to get rid of cage eggs everywhere. I think sooner rather than later, cage eggs will be part of history. No one can make a case for them being a good idea.

World Animal Protection is a good group. They do so much good work.  I wonder if they can help the dogs in Iran?  I do not know which countries they are currently working in.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I don't know which countries they are in either. I'm still waiting to here from HSI. They probably are backed up with all the work there is to do in this world.

Sometimes these groups can act on a problem, but they are not in a position to send personal messages to let you know what they are doing.  Most communication is through newsletters and things like that. I hope we hear something eventually. I did pass on the information. Hopefully some group can act on it.
Catherine

Just signed. Thank you for mentioning the petition on the forum, Ruth.
I signed too. No creature should be caged. Thanks for posting the petition link, Ruth.
Thank you all for signing.

There is a real push to stop caging hens. It is happening in a number of countries at the same time. Mostly it is the companies that use the eggs that are being targeted. That seems to get the best results. No company wants to be seen as a bad guy when it comes to animal welfare. People are not wanting to eat eggs from caged hens.

I think we really will see an end to caged hens. Now we have to watch that the alternatives are not worse.
Catherine

Yes, the hens should be uncaged if that is a word. I have seen awful pictures of them crammed tightly into cages with hardly any room to breathe.

I think egg farmers are going to have to come up with an acceptable alternative. People have rejected cage eggs and cage hens.

We are winning the battle for better treatment of animals one small step at a time.  I am concerned about the alternative. How will  the hens be kept after they are freed from cages?
Catherine