Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost dog found after 10 years
Charlie, a much loved German Shorthaired Pointer, went missing in 2006. His owner had micro chipped him and did keep her info updated even though after a year she feared the worst.

Imagine her surprize to get a call that he has been found. He is old and unwell, but with surgery and a loving home Charlie will live out his days in the home he was taken from so many years ago.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I have heard of cats doing this, but who ever thought a dog would turn up after so many years. I hope they have some  good years together. They both deserve it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh, dear Charlie. Who knows what he had to go through. He will never say. It's wonderful and quite miraculous that he is back home again. I hope his cancer will go away, so that he can spend a few years back at home....or if it doesn't, at least he is back with loved ones for however long he has left. How did he get away from whoever stole him? We shall never know. Or maybe they dumped him when they saw the tumour? How callous of them, but in this case it worked out well.
Poor lad must be utterly exhausted.
Blessings to the family and Charlie for happiness during the time he has left with them.
That is just amazing!! to know what this dog has seen. This is why it is so important to keep microchip information updated!! Crazy scenario but on point.
After all those years most people would have given up on the microchip. How amazing that Charlie made it home.

If only he could talk.  You could be right, the people who took him might have dumped him after he became ill. Anyone who would steal a dog probably wouldn't take him to the vet. Also, a vet would have checked for a microchip years ago.

I hope they have some happy times together.  At least his owner can be at peace knowing what happened to her dog.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine