Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weasel wins out over physisists
It seems that big science is no match for small animals. A tiny weasel shut down the Hadron Collider, run by CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. He chewed through a wire. Sadly it was too much for him.

Lots of other animals have caused shutdowns and delays by their presence.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I love the moth that became the first actual computer "bug". We think of glitches as bugs because of that moth.  We lock doors against large intruders, but it is the little ones that create the problems.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

There was a radio news item about this. Apparently the weasel got into one of the electricity substations on the surface and did the damage. They mentioned that last year a bird had dropped something into a part of the substation and brought the whole thing to a halt. When they investigated it they found it was a baguette!!
High science brought to a halt by bread!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
All the security in the world is no match for a bird with a baguette. 79

I have heard of mice halting all kinds of things. They built nests inside sensors along the railroad tracks and so the sensors were not giving actual readings of train wheels. I don't remember details, but it was quite a problem.

Nature wins every time.
Catherine

Maybe that Weasel knows more than we give him credit for.
I am not sure I like the "Hadron Collider". How do we know what forces we are unleashing? We understand so little about such things.

How strange...I watched a Jackdaw carrying a mini baguette across the field the other day! He didn't get that from me as I would have eaten it myself! It looked like a tasty seeded brown roll! It was so big for him, he had to keep dropping it, taking a rest, then continuing...

I am sticking my neck out as I'm not sure of the forum's policy on "conspiracy theories"...but I wish a whole gang of Jackdaws would get together to ascend to 30,000 feet and poop all over the windscreens of those aircraft delivering umpteen chemtrails across my skies today and yesterday. (sorry....a bt off-topic! Big Grin)
Quote:I am sticking my neck out as I'm not sure of the forum's policy on "conspiracy theories"...but I wish a whole gang of Jackdaws would get together to ascend to 30,000 feet and poop all over the windscreens of those aircraft delivering umpteen chemtrails across my skies today and yesterday. (sorry....a bt off-topic! [Image: biggrin.gif])
I am not sure we want to give Jackdaws ideas. They are very clever and if they worked together(and I think they could) who knows what they could do.

I am hoping Jackdaws can't read and don't have access to a computer.
So where did he get a whole mini baguette?

Animals halt a lot of things by their actions. I do hope these are random acts and not some animal plot to drive us crazy. Undecided
Catherine

(05-05-2016, 01:44 PM)Catherine Wrote: I am not sure we want to give Jackdaws ideas. They are very clever and if they worked together(and I think they could) who knows what they could do.

I am hoping Jackdaws can't read and don't have access to a computer.
So where did he get a whole mini baguette?

Animals halt a lot of things by their actions. I do hope these are random acts and not some animal plot to drive us crazy. Undecided

Haha! 79
He didn't get it from me. I would have eaten it already.

Jackdaws can probably read but they are just not interested in the same things we are!
There are some very clever creatures out there. Jackdaws are smart, but you should see some of our gulls.  They can get you lunch right off the picnic table if you are not careful.  A gull tipped my water bottle over in  my direction  and made a grab for my pizza slice. He only failed because I like to keep the cap on my water bottle and I had seen this gull in action. I grabbed my slice as he made a grab for it and I was quicker.

I can imagine where the Jackdaw got the baguette.
I have seen a squirrel with a whole donut. Who knows where he got that from.

Every day animals watch us and our food. They are always ready to make a grab for something they want.

When I was a child my friend pulled her hotdog away from her cat. She held it up over her shoulder and as she did this her waiting dog just opened her mouth and ate the whole thing. One gulp and it was gone. Perhaps the cat and dog were working together.
Catherine