Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruelty Free International
A group called Cruelty Free International has started a campaign to stop animal testing of cosmetics and beauty products.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

They want to reach all countries and have animal testing banned everywhere. That really is the only solution. As long as one county still tests on animals companies will be able to keep testing. They won't give up testing on their own so we need to pressure them.

I hope they have success with their work. Animal testing should have been banned years ago.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, it's time to stop animal testing. It is not even reliable. Many animals cannot tolerate things that humans can easily tolerate. A human painkiller can kill a cat, for example. Testing on animals is unnecessary cruelty.

I hope this campaign is 100% successful!
I know the big issue is animal cruelty, but I also wonder about medications that were lost to us because they are toxic to mice and so were never tested on animals.

I also wonder how many drugs that were passed because animals can take them, are actually toxic to humans on some level.

It seems odd that we have to campaign to be cruelty free. Cruelty free should be so obvious to us that we never do any thing cruel in the first place.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine