Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orang-Utans And Technology.
The Orang-utans at Melbourne Zoo have been busy taking part in a world-first research project using 3D gaming!
The research project, conducted by The University of Melbourne in collaboration with Zoos Victoria and the Microsoft Research Centre for Social Natural User Interfaces, uses a Microsoft Kinect 3D sensor to better understand the ways Orang-utans make choices through specially designed games which challenge their minds.
Watch the full video of the trial at https://youtu.be/pWrUsgUWvew

Wonderful animals.
That's such an innovative idea.
That is totally amazing!  Orangutans are very complex and intelligent. Giving them software that works for them is wonderful, creative and really a kindness. This will give the Orangutans a chance to learn and play and be creative.  Who knows where this will lead. Certainly they are way to intelligent to be happy with the enrichment ideas that used to be given to them.

What's next? Orangutans on Facebook? Maybe they will need their own type of social media.

Maybe they will end up doing computer generated art. The possibilities are endless.

Thank-you for posting this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I found it fascinating they had such joy in it.
I would love to play with them at one of the interactive spots.   They look like so much fun.

I wonder if they can create games that the Orangutans can play with each other.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine