Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat tracking program
They outfitted people's pet cats with GPS tracking devices so they could see where the cats actually go when they are outside on their own.
It was a surprize. Most cats wandered much further that their owners expected. Some cats went as far a 3 km from home.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I love the bonus dog video included in the article. Smiley4 Seeing the world from a dogs eye view is an interesting experience. I think they have more fun than us.

I still want some kind of camera/tracker to find out what my animals do when I am not home. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's not really surprising how far animals travel, my cats have all been indoor, as I wouldn't want them killing any birds or small rodents which the ones that roam do. I should also add reptiles to the list. Cats are also safer when kept indoors too.
It is wise to keep your cat inside. I think most people were surprized to find out how far their cats roamed. Many people seem to think that their cat just sits on the veranda all day.

All are pets fool us. We don't really know what they do when we are not looking.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine