Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stalked by a wolf!
Not all wolves are shy and just want to be left alone by humans.
This one certainly wasn't.
Joanne Barnaby and her friend were out picking mushrooms when a wolf deliberately separated them and stalked Joanne and her dog Joey for 12 hours through the forest.
Exhausted and in real danger, Joanne devised a plan -which was almost as dangerous -but worked!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/j...are_btn_tw

This would make an excellent 'true story' thriller/adventure movie.
I caught the article when I was on my phone. I haven't figured out if I can post articles on the forum from my phone.

I am surprized about the wolf stalking her. I wonder why. Usually a wolf would be part of a pack.

That took a lot of courage to approach the bear cub like that. It turned out to be the right move, but who would have thought of it.

It would make a good movie.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a fascinating story! I also wonder why the wolf wasn't with his pack.

I'm glad that this all ended without injury or loss of life - although I'm not sure whether I would have gone between a mother bear and her offspring!
He may have been a 'disperser' (a young male wolf who leaves the pack to strike out on his own...hopefully to form his own pack. Well that's the plan anyway.)

But this wolf got it all wrong. The fact that he was thin suggests he couldn't find enough small wildlife to eat. A single wolf couldn't hunt anything bigger. What caused that we don't know.

I do feel kind of sorry for the wolf, and what happened to him in the end. But the lady had to do something to protect herself and her dog. She was very brave and quick witted.
A smart wolf wouldn't have gone near the bear. He wouldn't have bothered a human either, especially not one with a dog.

Maybe the wolf was alone for a reason. I hope he is okay. I hope the bear and cubs are fine and everyone else.
Catherine

I saw this on Facebook fascinating story she was lucky.
She did have some "woods" smarts. She didn't get lost and she didn't let the wolf catch her alone.
Catherine