Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yay excitement!
I think we are all excited hearing about it.  I hope it is a really successful expedition and you see everything that it is possible to see.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thirty years ago that would have been my ideal job. A recent graduate in Marine Biology, it would have suited me down to the ground. Sadly the only job in the field I could find was in the employ of some well know oil company that wanted someone to prove that drilling for oil on The GBR would cause no harm to the reef and it's wildlife!! I wasn't willing to put my name to that and declined their generous offer!!
But a job looking at whales and I would have been there like a rocket!!
Enjoy, and please post loads of photos.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I hear you about the oil companies.  There were few jobs that an ethical person would be willing to do. Now there are dream jobs and I am glad that good people are getting to do what they love.

If we can't be there we can at least enjoy hearing about them.
Catherine

Thank you Cibach. I'll do my best for photos!

Unfortunately these companies are still trying to convince everyone that they are doing no harm. Now they're wanting to move into the Great Australian Bight. Somehow the Liberals won the election we just had, so I'm rather concerned about our environmental future.
I hadn't heard who won. So your liberals must not be like our liberals. When our liberals are in power it is good for the environment. How good or bad is your new government?
Catherine

We've had a Liberal government since 2013 and now for a further 3 years probably. They're the conservatives and don't really care about anything but money and themselves.
Even the horrible racist Pauline Hanson got elected a seat. The whole election is just messed up and Australia is becoming more like America. I still don't get it
My sympathies. We ended 8 years of horrible government last fall. I know what it is like. A lot of damage can be done by a bad government.

Hopefully no damage is done that can't be fixed. Realistically they could do serious permanent harm. I wish you luck.
Catherine