Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Canada Day
As a Canadian I can say that I am happily and proudly celebrating Canada Day.

I wish all the best to our other Canadian members and their many pets.

I will be home to have breakfast with my pets tomorrow and later in the day I will visit the lake and maybe even the islands. I should see lots of birds. I have a picnic lunch ready and there are great fireworks later in the day along the harbour front.
I think it will be a pleasant and relaxing day for everyone.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Enjoy your break Catherine sounds lovely,and Happy Canada day to all my Canadian friends.
Happy Canada Day Catherine!

It will be nice to have a "staycation" even if it is just for one day. I hope you have/(have had by the time you read this) a really good day.
It was a beautiful day. Luna Bunny's mum and I took the ferry to the islands. We both packed enough food to feed a crowd. We found a picnic table by the waters edge and ate surrounded by birds. There were three comical baby mallard ducks who with their mum kept us entertained. It was so peaceful.

There are a few animals like chickens and donkeys in a mini farm area that we visited. It is a pretty little spot and the animals look quite content.
Then we walked right across the islands to the far side surrounded by woods and nature. We took a water taxi back to the mainland and found a perfect spot for the fireworks.
We ate the most amazing chocolate dessert while we waited.  The fireworks were on a barge in the harbour so our view was wonderful. What a beautiful display!
We wandered along the harbour front, a beautiful area with decorative sidewalks and little treed areas and places with fancy park benches for watching the water. It is a pretty view of the city.
A quick ride home on the subway and I am in my PJs and the piggies are eating their dinner.

Staycations are great. All the fun and I sleep in my own bed tonight.
Catherine

Much belated, but Happy Canada day to all Canadians.
Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate the occasion, Catherine.
You're right, Staycations can be every bit as good as going away, and are often very much better!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I like the staycations best. I had a wonderful trip to the Toronto Islands and then I came home to my animals and my own bed. The trip home was 15 min on the subway.

We even had perfect weather.
Catherine