Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vegetarian Lioness
The wonderful true story of Little Tyke the vegetarian lioness ...

http://www.vegetarismus.ch/vegepet/tyke.htm
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
It is a wonderful story isn't it. It challenges our perceptions of things. Animals and people need certain nutrients to be healthy, but do they have to come from meat.
Little Tyke changes a few ideas about how "carnivores" need to act. She did not need to hunt and kill so she did not want to.

As you say, maybe the world can be a kinder place.Smile
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I can't believe I missed this when you first posted it dear Knight!
This is the first time I have read the story of Tyke and it is an amazing story.
I started to wonder at first if perhaps the smell of blood was a harsh reminder of the fate her brothers and sisters suffered when she must have witnessed them being killed by their mother. I wondered if that was why she had such an aversion to meat and blood....
But reading further, it seems more than that. And I do know that sometimes very unusual things take place which have deep spiritual messages. And very unusual Beings sometimes come to live on this world. It sounds like Tyke may have been one of them, bless her Soul.
I seem to remember seeing this on the old forum, Noble Knight - or perhaps you put it on a different forum a couple of years ago. Anyway, it is truly amazing and fascinating. It would seem to me likely that Tyke was an advanced soul who opted to test her determination to follow the path of compasion in a lion's body - a near impossible thing to do, but she achieved it. Blessings to her!
I am pretty sure we had this on the old forum. I think we reposted some stuff because we want it to be part of our archives. This is one of those stories. It makes a good case for being vegetarian. If a lioness can do it then anyone can.
Catherine

Of course there are advanced animal souls in incarnation just as there are advanced human souls in incarnation. Little Tyke was undoubtedly an evolved soul that, I would imagine, thanks to the individualisation acquired from her human friends, has now moved up the spheres of light to the next realm.
As all great souls, she left her mark behind her - the mark of compassion.
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Just reading about her is inspiring so her influence lives after her. That in itself is a sign of depth. I always though my Pigbert, the handicapped guinea pig was deep. There are definitely animals that are advanced souls.
Catherine