Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Forgy!
A video of Forgy having fun on his second evening with us. Just click on play button. Enjoy!

Oh such fun! He's loving that sheet! I think he's trying to work out how to get inside it like a tent....? Happy Forgy! Smiley4

Like button
It sounds like he was a perfect gentleman at the restaurant.

I am glad to see he has a playful side. He is very funny the way he works on that sheet. You are going to have much fun living with Forgy.

I agree, it must feel like eternity for a dog to be a stray. They are not  suited to being on their own. Dogs are raised to be with a family. Shelter life is hard on them too. They know they are not "home" yet.  Lucky for Forgy his waiting is over.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is so nice to find a dog friendly restaurant! If a dog is kept under control and on the floor it certainly isn't unhygienic. Many dogs are cleaner than some people!

I bet he enjoyed a little Skate with some chips! He has done well, to gain a couple of kilos. What is his weight goal?
Misty used to like chips which were given to her on occasion and only when they had cooled down! Watching her wait for them to cool was hilarious! I have never seen such intense focus.
Dogs love chips and they do hate waiting for things to cool down.  I always eat chips too fast and burn my mouth, but they taste so good that way.

It is nice you could take him into a restaurant. Not many places are dog friendly.
Forgy must have had a good home at one time. He seems to know how to behave now.

Any ideas about how old he is?
Catherine

The refuge vet estimated Forgy's age at four years. When we took him to our local vet for a check-up after we got him, this second vet said that it is extremely difficult to estimate an age, rather like with people, LOL! She said that his age could be between two and five years.

He has gained a lot more energy since he arrived and yesterday was running round in circles around a ball, first one way and then the other. The speed was tremendous. He also does a little, occasional, gentle play biting, which suggests that he is younger than four years, maybe even as young as two years old.

He has also started to play with a frisbee, which Tobi kindly sent him as a present. (Tobi: Forgy will send you a thank-you email shortly).
Yes, that play biting is a real 'puppy thing'. So you may be right LPC.

I am glad to hear Forgy got his frisbee already! It is the dead spit of the ones I used to buy for Misty (and Jet) I always chose yellow because they were easy to see in the twilight, and easy to see from a distance. In this instance though, yellow was the only colour they had. It felt weird to be buying a new frisbee from the pet shop...as the last time I did that must have been 5 years or more ago. Jet usually wrecked them so they wouldn't fly any more, or they ended up in the river, so I had to buy a new one.
By the way, those 'fling-a-rings' sink in water! So don't throw it in a lake or river.

You might have worked this out already bu they are very aerodynamic just from a quick forward flick of the wrist and don't need to be thrown exactly like a normal frisbee (which can be quite tiring if you have to do it x-zillion times! LOL Smiley4 )
Forgy  does sound like he is still a bit of a puppy. How did you choose the name Forgy?

I think they must have invented Frisbees for dogs. Dogs do love them.

I am sure Forgy will have fun with his new toy and you will have fun tossing it for him. I can picture him romping around chasing it. Dogs do enjoy life don't they.
Catherine

(08-01-2016, 03:13 PM)Catherine Wrote: How did you choose the name Forgy?

It comes from the word "forgive". It's a very long story, which if you don't mind I won't go into on this forum. When you get back from your "vacation" 79   I can explain via PM.
I can wait. I thought the name might have meaning

I have a ton of pre-vacation things to do. I have not packed yet, but I did bath all the guinea pigs. I want all the animals to be perfect for my pet sitter. I still have to shop for veggies for the piggies so there are enough while I am gone. I hope I don't forget the wedding gift. Smiley4
Catherine