Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catherine on Vacation
I never go away, but for the next 6 days I will be out of town and in transit. I will find a way to log in to the forum, but if I have to use my phone I am limited in what I can do. I am starting this thread in case I am unable to post new threads.

Coffee shop Wi-Fi and a smart phone can only do so much.

I admit that leaving my pets is not easy to do. I have someone coming in to care for them, but I am going to miss them.

I haven't been away from my computer since the forum was founded.

I prefer Staycations, the kind where I take time off from work and do fun things in my own city and go home at night to my own place.

I will be in transit on Thursday so I don't know when I will have internet access. I will check in when I can.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Have a lovely time. If you have the possibility to post any photos, it would be interesting.

Going off at a tangent (sorry, Catherine):

Notice to any any potential spammers reading this:

This forum will be checked constantly by the other admins during Catherine's brief absence. Spammers will meet the same fate that they always have: banning and being reported to databases. It is not worth even trying.
By the time you read this you will have probably gone Catherine. But anyway, wishing you a lovely time! It will be nice to see you back again! (it's rather like going round the 'dark side of the Moon, isn't it?' Smiley4 )

(NB Spammers....unknown to you it is possible for Admin to be on the forum and to be 'invisible'. So yes, what LPC says is surely going to happen!)
Also I have a smart phone and I am surrounded by WiFi hotspots. I will check in at random times. It will be harder for me to Start new posts,b it it will still be easyo delete spammers.
Also I am on vacation from my job so I will have more time.

I am at the airport waiting for my flight. We don't board for an hour. I cad a good supper and I am in sight of a Tim Hortons. The chairs are comfortable and there is a TV screen . It is a nice chance to relax.
Someone else will feed and clean the guinea pigs tonight.

I saw first hand a pupy being carried onto a plane So it is true airlines are accomadating pets.
Catherine

That's great (about the puppy being carried on the plane!) I guess that means the pup travels with his/her people!
I like that.

What's Tim Horton's? A good eatery? Or a coffee shop? Enjoy your flight Catherine.
I hadn't heard of it, either. I found this (thank you, Google!):

www(dot)timhortons.com (site edited to avoid html commercial link)
After hours of flying I  landed safely and I am heading to bed. It is 3 am Toronto time.

Tim Hortons is a Canadian coffee chain founded by a Canadian hockey player. Canadians all love "Timmies". 

If I can find a Tims I can feel right at home.  They even set up a Tim Hortons at the Canadian base in Kandahar during the Afghan war.
Catherine

It's nice to see you still able to pop in to see us! When we go away we imagine it will be impossible to use the internet, but sometimes things work out partially. But I know there are restrictions on a phone, and it isn't the same.

Glad you had a good flight. Tim Horton's sounds good! I can just imagine an "Americano" ...black....with a Danish....right now! (food again!)
The whole house is WiFi and everyone is busy with the wedding so I have lots of time for the computer.  I can also keep Cuddles the dog company. She is an old dog so she might enjoy a quiet lap and a snuggle.   Tomorrow with the wedding it will be crazy. I will leave for the wedding in the morning and not be back until very late.    Right now they are making icing for the wedding cakes and practicing the music.

It is very nice to have some quiet time. I am sure my animals will be fine and I can put my feet up and watch a movie later.

At a Timmies you would have a double double and a bag of Timbits. Translated that would be a coffee with two creams and two sugars and the Timbits are the donut holes fried up and glazed/sprinked or iced.  Each one is a bit sized snack.

We always end up talking about food, but we all have to eat.
Catherine

The "double double" sounds like a real treat! But I've been a black coffee gal ever since I lived in the mountains, 1980.

I wouldn't say no to a few of those "fried doughnut holes" though .... Smiley4 Smiley4 Smiley4 LOL!
I'd go in, order six fried doughnut holes only. I'd say "no I don't want the doughnuts ONLY the HOLES!" (perfect if someone happened to be on a diet) HAHA

Actually I like doughnuts -including holes. I like the jam filled ones best, especially when they are brim full of jam and oozing.