Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Financial assistance links for pet owners in need USA
This is a good list of charities and other organisations who can provide support for anyone on low income or in need of financial help.
(This covers USA only.)
List contains links for: low-cost spay/neuter options: pets of the homeless: cancer help: help with cost of medications....etc etc

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/res...g_pet.html
Thank-you for posting the list. I will look it up tomorrow when I am on a computer. 
It is hard to read things on a tiny phone screen.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That will be a very valuable resource for those living in the USA.
There is a very long list, state by state, of financial help available -even pet food banks in some states.

I do get a great number of people on a dogs' medical help website, who are in dire straits financially, and have little resource when it comes to low cost spay/neuter, unexpected bills, etc. Most of them are in the US. So I was pleased to find this list.

Yes we should ideally be as solvent as possible before taking on the responsibility of caring for a companion animal. But sometimes things don't work out as we would like them to...
It's nice to know help is available. That will result in better health for the animal.
That is a great list. I think most areas are starting to have pet food banks and spay/neuter clinics.  Even the homeless can get help to keep their pets.  
I think this is part of a recognition that we need pets in our lives. Often the people who have the least have the most need of pets.
Someone living on the street has very little emotional support. Their dog is everything to them.

Charitable groups that help people in need with their pets are performing a real service that benefits us all.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine