Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aug 8, International Cat day
Yes I know I am late. I am on holiday at a strange computer and I didn't get the alert(which is probably waiting for me at home).

So we are a day late, but we can still celebrate. Cats deserve recognition as one of our oldest friends in the animal world.
So I found an article that has suggestions for celebrating the day. They are still good suggestions even a few days late.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...RrBPcq3SOg

So I actually bought a T shirt with a picture of a cat on it(and a dog)
It has a saying with the pictures.

RESCUE
The mistreated
SAVE
The injured
LOVE
The abandoned

I think it can apply to all animals, but for today we will think of cats.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh we missed that day! I forgot to tell Sally! But she is happy camping in a tent some children put up in the garden!

I like yout T shirt Catherine.

I really didn't know cats were our oldest animal companions! Kind thoughts to all cats Heart
Every day is cat day for my cat Bessie but I like the idea of it.
I had to have the T shirt when I saw it. They had some dog ones too. I liked the ones with a bit paw print on the front, but this was my favourite.

Even when we respect cats every day, it is nice to give them a special day each year.
After all, cats have been with us for much of human history. I can't picture us not having cats in our lives.
Catherine

There's an international day for almost everything these days! But cats deserve a special day - more than some of the other weird international days they dream up. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co...ays#August

PS Catherine, I moved this thread here, from the introductions section (where it seemed out of place). I hope that this meets with your approval.
Wow....that wiki list of "days" is a force to be reckoned with!
I have a brilliant idea. If someone had to commemorate all these days they would never have to go to work at all!
You are right about moving the thread. All I can say is that I wasn't on my own computer when I started it. I am not sure why I put it there.

That is quite a list. I shall have to keep an eye on it so that I don't miss any important days.

Sat Aug 13 is International Lefthanders Day. I for one shall be celebrating it. It is about time left handers got some recognition. I love watching a right hander try to do some ordinary task in my kitchen. It is all set up left handed. Any tool a right hander reaches for is on the wrong side, just like it is for me when I am out in the right hand world.

Oddly, I haven't seen a cat since I learned about international cat day.  They must all be out celebrating somewhere.
Catherine

My daughter and my husband are both lefthanded.
Interesting. It must be easier for them to be together as a pair of left handers. Are her children lefthanders? It seems to run in families, but it is not clear why some of us are left handed. Actually I understand that it is 10% of the population. Some of the world's most creative people have been left handers.
Catherine

Sally was celebrating International Cat Day by sleeping in a pirate's tent....
Now she is celebrating the aftermath of International Cat Day by sleeping in the Golden Rod. I guess she has a hangover from partying with pirates....

My Dad was left handed, and so was my husband. My brother was ambidextrous. I tried to be left handed as I thought it was cool, but could never quite get there. My writing looks very spidery when written with my left hand.
But I had to learn to use my left hand for months in 2012 as my right hand got paralysed for a time.

Scissors are always created for right handed people! That seems rather unfair. It is very hard to use them if you are left handed.