Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little dog's love for extreme runner ends in adoption!
Extreme jogger, Dion Leonard was running the 2016 Gobi March Deserts Race in China, when this little stray dog decided to join him! One tough little girl. She never gave up and was there waiting at the finish line (he stopped to help her on a couple of occasions!)

So she ended up finding her forever home with him! She was named "Gobi".

http://www.care2.com/causes/stray-dog-fo...-home.html
I saw that what a wonderful story.
This is an incredible story. She just wanted to be with him.  I love the fact that she slept in his tent and was with him every day. Then of course he carried her across rivers.
Good for the race organizers that they drove her to the finish line on the days she couldn't run because of the heat.

The two of them really belong together.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I think those two definitely had an arrangement to meet and be together in this life.
It is as if the little dog was waiting for him and recognized him when she saw him. He wasn't the only person in the race and I am sure there were other dog lovers there. He is the person she wanted.  Who knows how some bonds are formed and why. Heart
Catherine

Yes, I agree. This was clearly "meant to be" by design. There is also a double bonus in this, thanks to social media (of which I am not a fan, but in some cases it can do some real good). I quote from the article cited by Tobi:
"Thanks to social media, the campaign was so successful that it exceeded its fundraising goal. Leonard says he will donate any leftover money to a dog shelter charity or dog rescue facility."

So we have a happy couple (runner and devoted dog), plus some homeless dogs getting the help they need to find their own "forever homes". Wonderful!
Social media has its uses. It has helped bring the little dog home and as you say, helped other homeless dogs. There are lots of times when social media can be used to get the word out about something. It is a tool like any other and it depends on who is using it and why.

It is just so sweet to see the dog waiting for him and running with him. I hope they can run together when they get back home.
I wonder where she came from. Was she someone's pet. Was she abandoned or did she get lost. How did she come to be there waiting for the man.
Catherine