Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the owner is arrested, what about their pets?
I would have done the same as you did with Pigbert, Catherine. What good is Love, or fighting for a righteous cause -if it ignores the needs of your own dearest loved ones?

I actually was there for Misty when her previous caretaker was arrested -at the very time he phoned me, I could hear the police come in and read him his rights, then tell me over the line that they were switching off his phone. I just had time to tell them who I was, and that I was co-caretaker of the dog. The policeman sounded pretty emotionless, but kindly did give me details of where she would be taken (which I miraculously memorised! -no time to write it down!) Then the line went dead. Oh and by the way, I was informed (again in a very emotionless way) that after 2 weeks if she was unclaimed she would be euthanised.

(I wrote about that incident...and quite a few others... in our book "Angel From the Streets")

One would imagine that having care of another Soul -whether an animal companion or a young child or aging parent, etc -would cause a deep sense of responsibilty towards them, and be a deterrent to putting oneself in a position which could lead to arrest! Well....that's how it would hit me anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When the owner is arrested, what about their pets? - by Tobi - 08-22-2016, 09:34 AM