Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injured Toucan fights animal cruelty
We may have posted about Grecia the Toucan when the injury first occurred. It was deliberately done. Much of the upper beak was broken away. No Toucan could survive like that. However a lot of ingenuity and a 3d printer were able to create a new beak. It works and Grecia lives well at a bird sanctuary where she draws attention to the issue of animal cruelty.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Her example is helping the movement for better anti-cruelty laws. She has not only survived a horrible ordeal and recovered. Her image will serve to save many other animals from abuse.  There is no way you can look at her and say animal abuse doesn't matter or that it is not serious.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes I recall this story from somewhere. It is amazing that Grecia could be given a new prothetic beak, and thank goodness for a 3D printer. It is amazing what can be achieved in prosthetics nowadays, and 3D printing is amazing.

How anyone could hurt her like that in the first place is awful
I agree, 3D printers are amazing. They have been used to give many animals a second chance.

Grecia's story is like so many others. For some strange reason people chose to inflict terrible injuries on a helpless animal.
I am glad the animal has triumphed. Now I wish the abusers could be stopped.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine