Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identical twin puppies
A dog in South Africa has given birth to identical twin puppies. There were other puppies in the litter and all of them were delivered by caesarian. That is how the vet realized they were identical twins. It is rare for humans to have identical twins, but it is unheard of in dogs.

I will let you read the article for the explanation. It is quite interesting.
http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I wonder if they are like human identical twins? They can be so close that you can't separate them. The whole idea of twins fascinates me. I have encountered identical  twins. I could never tell them apart. I didn't even know there were two of them.  I always wondered why she kept asking questions twice.

I hope they do keep the two together. Can you imagine have two identical dogs. I wonder if their mother can tell them apart.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Fascinating article. I wonder whether the mother can tell them apart by smell if not appearance? Or perhaps the smell is the same, too?
What an interesting article. Even if they are identical they will have their own characters, with very subtle differences. But I doubt if they should be parted. The best solution would be for them to be adopted together.
It's good that they have slightly different markings (the white chests?) So humans will be able to tell them apart, as far as names go.

I knew identical twins when I was a college student. They looked almost exactly the same and had a very strong bond, but their interests were different. One studied classical music. The other was a hairdresser. These two were quite happy to live separate lives, with one in London, and one earning her living in Lancashire.

Smell is an interesting thing. It really carries a huge chunk of the "energy signature" of the dog. Not just their personality...but their 'being' in some way. I think the scents will be different.
I bet the mother can smell them apart.
We are so limited in our senses that we can't really tell most things apart.

Some identical twins can live apart and can be very different. I knew two women who nearly died when they were separated. They spent their whole lives together.

Twins separated at birth and raised by different families are often very much the same. They even do thing like give their children the same names and drive the same car.

I wonder how similar the two dogs would be.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine